- Products & Supply
- Bulk Industrial Gases
- Cylinder Industrial Gases
- Dry Ice
- Edwards Vacuum Pumps
- Electronic Special Gases
- Food Chilling
- Food Freezing
- Food Grade Gases
- Fuel Gases
- Liquefied Natural Gas
- Packaged Chemicals
- Specialty Gases
- Supply Modes
- Water Treatment
- Welding and Safety Products
Flashback arrestors (FBAs) are at the heart of our gas equipment safety offering.
These devices automatically cut off the gas supply and extinguish the flame if flashback occurs.
This can happen if a flame moves back from the welding tip and into the blowpipe. If an FBA is not present, the flame can travel extremely fast – about 13 metres a second – up the gas supply hoses to the regulator and possibly into the gas cylinders, causing damage and possibly an explosion. As a result, FBAs are essential on both gas hoses in all oxyfuel welding, cutting and heating operations.
We offer a wide range of FBAs to support all your welding requirements. All Linde FBAs are precision-manufactured and individually tested to the highest standards so you can rely on the superior quality which is the hallmark of all our welding products.
We offer three different ranges to suit individual needs:
• Premier (resettable) FBAs with a sleek brass design a drop-down shroud to indicate the cut-off valve has been activated
• Standard FBAs offering the regular level of protection with a non-return valve, inlet filter, thermal cut-off device and flame-arresting sintered element
• Torch-mounted FBAs featuring a stainless steel flame arrestor, a non-return valve and a filter.